Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sporetastic

So it seems that Spore is finally coming out. This is great news, considering that in won Game of Show way back at E3 2005. If I've ever been doubtful about a game living up to all it's promise it's probably this one. I know Will Wright is a freaking genius, but I dunno if even he can manage to make a fun engaging game out of the cavalcade of stuff there is to do in Spore. Can one game really contain a flOw style cell game, a Civilization style city game and an incredibly ambitious galaxy spanning space faring game and manage to make them all fun?
I have no doubt that the creature/vehicle creator portions of the game will be fun. I just hope it doesn't turn out like City of Heroes where the most entertaining part of the game is character building. If they can make a fun game to go with their incredibly impressive creature building technology than they will have a surefire hit on their hands. Here's hoping.

No comments: